PLEASE SEND YOUR CHILD TO SCHOOL WITH A WATER BOTTLE.
THEY WILL BE ABLE TO REFILL IT AS NEEDED DURING THE SCHOOL DAY.
If your child is sick please keep them home.
Illness: If your child has symptoms of illness during the previous night, consider making arrangements for your child to remain at home. Extra rest and attention early will often shorten the illness and cut down the spreading of germs at school. Please remember our best defense against germs is good hand washing. Please encourage your child to wash their hands often with warm water and soap
- Fever of 100.0 degrees or higher. Your child must be fever free for 24 hours before returning. Please do not treat a fever and send your child to school.
- Persistent coughing that could be disruptive to the class.
- Vomiting and diarrhea within the past 24 hours should remain home.
- Cold or runny nose if nasal discharge is excessive and/or not clear.
- Unexplained rashes, sores and crusty, inflamed eyes or other signs of contagious problems cannot remain at school.
- Sore throat - If you are awaiting strep throat results, please keep your child home until results have been obtained. Positive results - must be on antibiotics for a full 24 hours and must remain home for 24 hours. Please obtain a physician’s note.
If your child has been sent home from school because of illness, please make sure they are completely recovered before sending them back.
Please contact me with any questions or concerns.
201-796-8700 ext: #2993